A position for the Social Media Squad in Salmon Arm is available within Black Press Media, Canada’s largest private independent newspaper company, with more than 150 community, daily and urban newspapers and websites in B.C., Alberta and the U.S.
The job is permanent and part-time, based in the Shuswap area, working with Black Press Media publications in that region and reporting to the B.C. Digital Editor. A vehicle, valid B.C. driver’s licence and smartphone are required.
- Cover after-hours and weekend events via social media and video in Salmon Arm and surrounding areas.
- Drive reader engagement through videos and photos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Coverage will complement any staff stories about events.
- Working toward or have completed a journalism or related diploma
- Key skills include creativity, organization, communication, and filing to deadline.
- Demonstrated excellence in social media, photography, and video shooting and editing
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.