Black Press Media is looking for dynamic Multi-Media Publisher who will oversee the revenue development for Salmon Arm and the Shuswap area. This position will be based in Salmon Arm. Black Press Media is the largest media company in British Columbia with over 90 franchises across Western Canada. Have we sold you yet? Oh wait, that’s your job!
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Develop new sources of revenue and ad plans; build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth
- Maintain and grow existing accounts
- Manage and conform to all processes and systems pertaining to display advertising, including ad booking, credit procedures, pre-paid accounts, location set-ups for features, page assigning, reconciliations, collections, etc.
- Train and assist Multi-Media Sales Consultants
- Ensure all existing features/supplements reach their per-page revenue and quotas as set out in the operating budget
- Ensure all press times for specialty supplements are in place 3 months before publishing as indicated on the yearly sales plan
- Build and maintain Community Engagement Plan for all staff
- Build and maintain Okanagan-wide relationships and community engagement initiatives
- Manage staff attendance and expectations
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research
- Represent Black Press at social and client functions when appropriate to do so
If you are ready for a sales challenge and all the benefits that come with it, send your resume to:
Karen Hill – Director of Sales – BC Interior South Division
*Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.