The Omineca Express is an award-winning community news media organization that offers a tremendous place to grow your career while enjoying an area renowned for its access to outdoor activities. Located an hour from Prince George, Vanderhoof is a warm, welcoming community at the geographic centre of BC.
We’re looking for someone who is a relationship builder who likes connecting with people. You’ll also be a community-focused person who wants to contribute and believes in the power of local news to bring people together.
In addition to a competitive compensation plan we offer:
- Fast-paced, never-a-dull-moment work environment
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription drug, and EFAP Benefits
- Opportunity to meet business leaders in the community
- Opportunity to help community organizations reach their goals
- Ongoing support and training
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong organization, communication, and people skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Working experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Marketing, retail sales, or service experience is considered an asset
- Willingness to learn, take direction, and build your business
- Goal and detail oriented and ability to work independently
We are willing to train the right candidate, so limited sales experience is trumped by a can-do attitude and a commitment to career growth.
A valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle are mandatory. Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada.
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
Please send your resume with cover letter to Aman Parhar:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted