Black Press Media and the Kelowna Capital News are looking for a strategic, creative and passionate Marketing Consultant to join our team as an Inside Sales Consultant.
Kelowna Capital News is a cornerstone of the local community, as the #1 source for news in the Central Okanagan. With such an important role in the community, Kelowna Capital News is looking to fill this position with someone who cares deeply about making the community a better place and helping local businesses to grow.
We are seeking a strong communicator, well organized, self-motivated, determined and a deadline driven individual. Your customer service skills will be exceptional and you must be comfortable with telephone coordination as you will service inbound and outbound calls to businesses to advertise in our print and digital platforms.
The successful candidate
- You have a minimum 2 years Sales/Account Management experience, preferably in media
- You are comfortable talking to all kinds of business owners, from small/medium sized businesses, to large corporations.
- You are passionate about marketing and developing campaigns that meet the needs of your clients.
- You understand marketing and advertising techniques, including what makes an effective ad, or you have a willingness to learn.
- You are extremely detail-oriented and a strong multi-tasker.
- You work well with a team and know that each person is vital to the success of the campaign.
- You care about your local community and local businesses.
- You work very well on deadlines.
What we offer
- Fast-paced, never-a-dull-moment work environment
- Opportunity to meet business leaders in the community
- Competitive compensation plan
- And more…
If you are a highly organized individual with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced deadline driven environment and are looking for a challenging career with a bright future send your resume with cover letter to:
Karen Hill, Director of Sales BC Interior South,
2495 Enterprise Way
Kelowna, BC V1X 7K2
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.