The Hope Standard has an opening for a full-time multimedia journalist.
The successful candidate will be joining the largest multimedia reporting force in British Columbia. Black Press Media employs 160 journalists in the province, generating news content for highly competitive and expanding digital platforms, and longstanding print products.
The Hope Standard is driven by a multimedia mandate, publishing stories in print, online and social platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Video content continues to play a key role in our digital platforms.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
• Outstanding writing skills for print and web.
• Demonstrated ability in covering breaking news in an online environment.
• Excellent skills in driving website trafﬁc and audience engagement through superior multimedia news content generation, including SEO and UGC strategies.
• Advanced knowledge of photography, and video shooting and editing. Regular video production is a must.
• The ability to adhere to deadlines and take direction while contributing original story ideas.
• Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, iMovie and Canadian Press style.
The successful candidate must be a team player, able to multitask and execute in a complex digital and print publishing environment.
Applicants must hold formal journalism degrees or diplomas, and broadcast training and experience are distinct assets.
A valid driver’s licence, reliable vehicle and a smartphone are mandatory, and the successful candidate must be able to legally work in Canada.
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
We offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Editor, The Abbotsford News
Editorial Director Black Press Media, BC Operations
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.