The Lacombe Express has an opening for a Permanent Multimedia Editor.
If you possess outstanding communication skills, a love of telling stories, and the ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment, this may be the career for you.
The successful applicant will be an outgoing individual who will report on a range of news. They will be able to manage a wide range of writing assignments, photography, video and social media engagement.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a good understanding of social media, photography, video and journalism
- Respond immediately to breaking news and drive a sense of urgency around the online platform
- Assist with the ongoing development of website optimization and content
- Demonstrate initiative and determination to improve and supplement both digital and print platforms
- Produce quality written articles and video reports
- Posses excellent editing skills across all platforms
- Hold a degree or diploma in Journalism or relevant discipline
- A valid drivers license, reliable vehicle and smartphone are required
Lacombe is situated in the heart of Alberta and offers boundless recreational amenities in an active, thriving region.
The Lacombe Express is part of Black Press Media, Canada`s largest private community news media company with extensive digital and newspaper properties throughout Alberta, BC, Washington, California and Hawaii.
Forward a resume and cover letter by Friday, August 21, 2020 to:
President, Prairie Division, Black Press Media