Working from our Canadian Head Office located in Surrey, BC, you will be part of our finance team that services over 100 plus online and print titles throughout Western Canada.
A primary responsibility of this position will be to work with our payroll team serving as a payroll administrator. Focus will be on supporting the development of our payroll team, while at the same time learning and growing with the finance team on all aspects within our accounting structure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support to all finance departments (Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Credit)
- Remittance reconciliations
- Customer/Vendor account reconciliations
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Creating and posting journal entries
- Assist in preparing and analyzing monthly financial statements
- Assist with budget preparation
- Various accounting tasks as required
- Currently enrolled in the CPA program (Level 2 or higher)
- Enrollment in or completion of Canadian Payroll Compliance Course (would be an asset but not mandatory)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in full cycle accounting
- Strong Excel skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Team player
This position offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits and pension package, including covering the costs of Association fees and appropriate course costs.
With a longer runway this position is ideal for someone looking for growth.
If you are an energetic self-motivated individual looking to expand your skills, this is a tremendous opportunity with a company that has experienced continued growth over the years.
Please apply today with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
We thank everyone who applies to the role; however, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.