We are hiring a Health and Safety Officer, based out of our Surrey Head Office location. If you have a passion for prevention, education and all things safety and want to be part of a diverse team that delivers Canadian journalism that matters to communities across Western Canada, then send us your application to the link below.
The Health and Safety Officer manages the Black Press, COR certified, OH &S Program. They work closely with all levels of management and employees within the manufacturing and office environments to ensure safe work practices and policies and play a key role in our Recover at Work programs to ensure that employee’s return to work plans are managed effectively.
- Post-Secondary Education in Health and Safety, Minimum Diploma preferred but will consider equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess current First Aid certification
- BCCSA Internal Auditor Certification an asset
- Two to five years of experience implementing and promoting safe work practices and policies within a manufacturing environment or similar
- Experience with incident/accident investigation, workplace inspection and job hazard analysis
- Thorough understanding of current legislation, Codes of Practice, bulletins and other safe work practice requirements and recommendations
- Confidence, with the proven ability to build credibility and strong partnerships at all levels.
- Very strong sense of urgency with proven record of following through to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Energetic, self motivated, creative and especially positive outlook.
- Proven ability to maintain confidences and ensure confidentiality of information and records.
- Complete proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other common applications
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
Travel will be required.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and covering letter outlining how you meet the above requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Black Press Media is Canada’s largest private community news media company with extensive digital and newspaper properties throughout B.C., Alberta, Yukon, Washington, California, Hawaii and Alaska.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.