Black Press Media, Prairie Division is looking for an ambitious, energetic, and high performing advertising consultant for Manitoba/Saskatchewan. If sales are your passion and you are motivated by unlimited growth, this position is for you. You will be a sales leader of the Farm Press publications and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through increasing sales and forging strong relationships with clients. Were looking for someone who is a relationship builder who likes connecting with people.
- Maintain accounts lists in Manitoba and Saskatchewan
- Identify and develop revenue generation opportunities for products and/or services in support of business goals to be approved by the president
- Monitor overall effectiveness of sales initiative and fulfillment processes
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Develop new sources of revenue opportunities and work closely with the publications sales leaders to establish ad plans
- Keep updated on new training methods and techniques including presentations, job aids, participant handouts, virtual class materials, and other resources
- Coordinate communication related to sales initiatives, products, and processes
- Work cross-functionally between various departments to help measure, analyze and enhance the performance of revenue generation and audience development activities
- Represent Black Press at social and client functions when it is appropriate to do so
- Other duties as assigned by the president
The successful candidate will have:
- Outstanding sales ability including the ability to move as many prospects as possible from “CONNECT to CLOSE”
- Strong organization, communication, and people skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Working experience and knowledge of Microsoft office and excel
- Marketing, sales, or service experience is considered an asset
- Willingness to learn, take direction, and build your business
- Goal and detail oriented and ability to work independently
- Desire for unlimited potential
- A valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle are mandatory. Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada.
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
Send a resume and cover letter by August 12, 2022, to:
President, Prairie Division
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted