The Red Deer Advocate has an immediate opening for an experienced multimedia journalist. The Red Deer Advocate is part of the Black Press group, Canada’s leading private independent newspaper/media company. Black Press operates more than 170 community, daily and urban newspapers in Canada and the U.S. and has extensive digital and printing operations.
- Well-versed in social media, a self-starter with a natural inclination to be first with the news.
- Have excellent skills in social media, photography, and video shooting and editing.
- Have a demonstrated ability in covering breaking news and a strong understanding of the urgency of online news.
- Have a strong understanding of SEO
- Adhere to deadlines and take direction while contributing story ideas
- Possess an attention to detail as well as the ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven, goal-oriented environment.
The Red Deer Advocate offers a great working environment with a competitive remuneration plan coupled with a strong benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter stating you found this job on Jeff Gaulin’s Job Board, resume and samples to:
Crystal Rhyno, Managing Editor
Red Deer Advocate
2950 Bremner Avenue
Red Deer , Alberta
T4R 1M9 ,
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Post expires on Wednesday August 2nd, 2017