The Free Press, a Black Press weekly publication in beautiful Fernie, B.C. is seeking an exceptional, full-time journalist/ photographer to join our editorial team.
We are seeking a candidate who will find and capture compelling stories and features and who will thrive in a deadline-driven environment to produce stories for our newspaper and online products. The successful candidate will be able to write stories, take photos and assist with online and social media responsibilities.
- Experience with InDesign an asset;
- Superior writing skills;
- Ability to write on a variety of topics, including local government, arts and sports;
- Proficiency in photography;
- Experience in posting content to the Internet;
- Ability to adapt to emerging trends in multimedia reporting, including social networking.
Applicants must own a reliable vehicle and have their own camera. This position will require the applicant to work evenings and weekends.
Resumes with cover letter should be forwarded to:
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.