The Peninsula News Review has an opening for a full-time, digital-first, permanent Multimedia Journalist.
The successful candidate will possess an attention to detail as well as the ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven, goal-oriented environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- A demonstrated ability in covering breaking news in an online environment.
- Excellent skills in driving website traffic through superior multimedia news content generation, curation and editing knowledge.
- Exceptional skills in social media, photography, and video shooting and editing. Regular video production is a must.
- A strong understanding of SEO and how to apply it to online content.
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and take direction while contributing original story ideas.
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Canadian Press style an asset.
The successful candidate must be a team player, able to multitask and execute in a complex multi- platform publishing environment.
If you have a passion for, and are comfortable with, all aspects of multimedia journalism, you may be the candidate we are seeking.
The Peninsula News Review connects with local on line and print readers and is essential in telling the stories of people and activities in the community. Black Press Community News Media is an independent international media group with more than 190 community, daily and urban publications, 14 press facilities and over 160 websites in B.C, Alberta, Washington, California, Hawaii and Ohio.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Penny Sakamoto, Group Publisher
818 Broughton Street, Victoria, BC V8W 1E4
Thank you to all who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Post expires on Friday August 4th, 2017